Resources for Web and DHTML accessibility from both the design and technical perspectives.
- PDF to accessible format
Not without controversy, this site will allow you to upload a PDF and convert it into fairly good HTML or TXT
- A break-down of PDF and accessibility
This site does a nice job of pointing out the quick-fix and also more accessible process of producing accessible PDFs.
- Apple accessibility links
Apple maintains a list of useful accessibility links for 3rd party solutions, mac products, community resources, and standards bodies.
- W3C Multimedia Accessibility FAQ
Some helpful how-tos for making multimedia materials accessible.
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
An Introduction to the AODA
- WAI-ARIA Overview
An overview of WAI-ARIA, the Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite; a set of documents that lay out how to make Web 2.0 sites and applications more accessible.
AChecker is a tool that allows you to type in a url and test for accessibility.
- W3C complete list of tools
A Complete list of web accessibility evaluation tools
- HiSoftware's Cynthia Says Portal
This site allows you to type in a url and test for accessiblity, and it also allows you to emulate different browsers while doing the test.
- Mozilla Developer Center's ARIA Overview: a comprehensive overview of ARIA and other DHTML accessibility techniques
- MDC's Key-navigable Custom DHTML Widgets: a tutorial on adding keyboard handlers to your widgets. Also take a look at Fluid's Keyboard a11y plugin for keyboard accessibility.
- MDC's ARIA Live Regions Overview
- Accessibility Review Protocols: A checklist of techniques for evaluating the accessibility of your Web site.
- An Overview of DHTML Accessibility
- Accessibility Decorators
- Notes on User Interface Adaptation and User Preferences
- Accessibility Transformation Brainstorming: A list of potential user interface transformations that could be supported by the Fluid framework.
- TransformAble 2.0 Roadmap
- Fluid Presentations on Accessibility
- Matterhorn Opencast a11y overview: A basic overview of accessibility standards for video as envisioned for the Opencast project