What is the role of the communication?
To position the Inclusive Design Institute (IDI) as an innovator and leader in inclusively designed technologies, guidelines, and policies.
What is the creative challenge?
To create a brand identity evoking the values of inclusiveness, diversity, openness, and progressive innovation.
Goal of the Inclusive Design Institute
The overarching goal of the IDI is to help ensure that emerging information technology and practices are designed inclusively from the very beginning.
Important Concepts and Definitions
Inclusive design: Design that enables and supports the participation of individuals and groups representing the full range of human diversity
Disability: Mismatch between the needs of the individual and the service, education, tools, or environment provided
Accessibility: The adaptability of the system to the needs of each individual
Who are we talking to?
- Information communication technology industry and developers including open source communities
- Policy makers & legislative bodies
- Communities that may have been marginalized or excluded in the design of ICT - disability, culture, language, etc.
- Users of technology in general
- Academic institutions
- Cultural institutions
What are some feelings and ideas that this communication should elicit?
- Thinking differently
- Stretching notions of design
- Not boxed in, dynamic, responsive, expansive
- Many perspectives
- Global networking
What are some of our products?
- Learning tools
- Physical solutions