At this session, a participant with low-vision interacted with visual and functional components of menu and settings when building code sequence with the current prototype.
- Link to prototype:
- Script for using the prototype:
- Select forward
- Add forward to your chain
- Select Turn Right
- Add Turn right to your chain
- Select the menu
- Show extended add buttons
- Close menu
- Select the Loop Control
- Add Loop right before green forward tile
- Select green forward
- Move forward tile into your loop
- Close forward tile popup menu
- Select yellow turn left
- Add it to the loop after the forward button
- Scroll the panel to see all your tiles
- Select the program panel menu to hide the large add buttons
- Change the angle of the right turn to -15
- Close the pop up menu
- Make this loop forever
- To determine whether current prototype settings had visual component to be identified
- To determine how to support low-vision user with scrolling when sequence that extends beyond window
Notes from the session
- The circle that appears on ‘Loop’ under action controls could not be identified by the user.
- User has a preference for scrolling by using up and down keyboard buttons.
- Drag and drop was a new feature for the user.
Notes for C2LC design
- Setting high contrast icons is mandatory for low vision users. Other colours of preference include red.
- Place the up and down arrows side-by-side