- Students have problems remembering the dates things are due in all their different classes as well as keeping track of the important dates/times/appointments in their personal life [From: Fluid Content Management Research]
- Drop-downs are cumbersome for most users and present particular problems for the visually impaired. The inconvenience is magnified if the user is setting many dates and times, which is not the case when booking a flight but may be when loading multiple Resources onto a course. [From: DRAFT UI Requirements for post-2.2 Calendar Widget]
- Corresponding requirement: It should be possible to enter both date and time as text.
- Dates appear in the wrong format for the user's local convention (e.g. mm-dd-yy vs. dd-mm-yy) [From: Date widget improvements]
- Time appears in the wrong format for the user's local convention (a 12-hour or a 24-hour clock). [From: Date widget improvements]
- The start date of the week is incorrect for the user's location (e.g. Sun vs. Mon) [From: Date widget improvements]
- The time field is "mixed in" with date. There is too much opportunity for user error, where they 1) have to recognize that time is mixed in with date, 2) have to worry about putting two different formats on the same line. (Increased cognitive load.) [From: DRAFT UI Requirements for post-2.2 Calendar Widget]
- Corresponding requirement: Date and time should appear as two separate fields.
- The calendar icon displayed after the text field is too unnoticeable. Users struggle with using the text field or dropdown to enter date, not realizing that the pop-up calendar is available. [From: DRAFT UI Requirements for post-2.2 Calendar Widget]