Reference: User Testing Protocol
- Paper prototype Scenario 1 - Separate date & time fields - Assignments (Omnigraffle file)
- Paper prototype Scenario 2 - Combined date & time field - Modules (Omnigraffle file)
- User Testing Demographic Questionnaire
- Post-test Questionnaire
Scenario 1 - Enter an Assignment into Learning Management System.
- Enter a new assignment titled "Yellow Journalism."
- The assignment should open on August 3rd, 2007 at 10:50am when class starts.
- The assignment is due on August 17th, 2007 at 5pm.
Note: the following tasks are optional, and may be skipped as they focus on the date picker.
- You will accept the assignment until August 17th, 2007 at 11:59pm.
- Open any of the pop-up calendars for a particular date (e.g. open, due or accept until) and double check all your dates.
- Change the "Due Date" to September 17th, 2007.
- As you'd like to keep the assignment open quite a bit after the semester ends, change the "Accept Until" date to September 17th, 2008.
Scenario 2 - Enter Course Modules into Learning Management System
- Make your first module, Direct Scaling Methods, available on January 19, 2009 at 6am.
- Make the end date for Module 1, Direct Scaling Methods, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:55.
Notes for Test Coordinator
Offering help during the test
Don't offer help; let the user attempt to perform the task themselves. If they ask for help reply with:
- "What do you think you/that would do?"
- "What do you think that means?"
You want to observe whether the user has trouble:
- Picking dates
- Picking times
- Moving forward a month or a year on the calendar
- Understanding the colors and selected dates on the calendar
- Moving or closing the date/time picker
- Understanding how the time picker works
- Have the user fill this out on their own before asking them the post-test questions below.
Post-test questions (ask these verbally after the user has filled out the questionnaire)
- If you needed to see something underneath the calendar, what would you do?
- Did you understand the meaning of the colors associated with various days on the calendar?
- How would you go to today's date on the calendar?
- How did the time picker work for you?
- Do you have any other comments about the date or time pickers?