Work In Progress
This document is a work-in-progress.
The Fluid Skinning System is a group of CSS files with a specially designed modular structure and class-specific format.
It is meant to work well as both a standalone CSS foundation for your site and our components, and as the CSS engine of the (Floe) UI Options (2008-2009) component.
Please see Fluid Skinning System (FSS) for more an in-depth overview.
With FSS and (Floe) UI Options (2008-2009), we are attempting to fulfil at least 2 requirements:
- How can the user control the appearance of our components and/or a website to make it more usable for them?
- How can we deliver a look-n-feel for our components?
Currently, FSS contains:
- Wrappers and containers for quickly laying out your page, such as:
- fixed or flexible columns and page containers
- mixed column layouts
- Convenience class names to quickly and easily create GUI elements such as :
- Basic font handling
- convenience class names for font family, size, and formatting
- Advanced Accessibility
- easy page linearization
- tested for useabiltity effectiveness
- works with assistive technology by encouraging best coding practices
- Documentation & Testing
- A tutorial
- A complete API
- A test suite