Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Present:

  • Alan

  • Avtar

  • Dana

  • Gregor

  • James

  • Juliana

  • Michelle

  • Silvia

  • Sophie

Agenda:

  • planning a face-to-face meeting in October

  • partner updates

  • website/logo design

Discussion:

  • Face-to-face meeting of all the SJRK partners around the time of DEEP (which is a Friday/Saturday this year)

    • Would October 11th work?

      • James will get back to us

      • Juliana will try to make arrangements

      • Silvia will be in NYC for OpenEd(?), she will get back to us

      • Dana will send an email

    • Representatives of the youth groups that each partner is working with would be great to have present as well

      • Getting a Visa would be a potential challenge, on account of the timing (it takes 2-3 months to get one for Rwandans, 1 month for Colombians)

      • Some of them might need to acquire a passport for the first time

      • Language barriers should be considered

  • Updates from partners

    • Juliana

      • A group in Fresno is asking “what’s next?”

      • Motivando a la Gyal festival - organising takes some time

      • Have to figure out how to continue the work with the group

      • Not sure if we have the money for that - we are done with the budget?

        • Have to review the budget

      • Any idea about the 2nd year of the project?

      • Do we have to deliver a report?

      • When the 2nd year will start?

      • This year ends in September, right?

      • M ala G are close to launching their festival

      • Juliana will send social media links

      • Working with new woman in Karisma from Brazil, a Google fellow who will be there for 3 months

      • Will visit Fresno together in September

      • Need to have all the questions resolved by then so Juliana can update the teachers and students

    • James

    • Silvia

      • Two challenges with the project

        • The Environmental Guardians

          • http://guardiaambiental.org/

          • Developed the page with some of the Floe resources

          • http://guardiaambiental.org/mapas should have some maps to visualize the work (had trouble loading it at time of writing)

          • The map can display various variables

          • Need to review the accessibility of the visualization

          • Need access to Github repo

          • How to show the evolution over time in a better way - it’s not clear in this moment

        • Stories

          • 21 stories have been collected so far on the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75JefonQM2xbQdGM78T_Aw

          • Looking at how the process of telling stories has impacted their (the storytellers) individual lives but also how it impacts the community and beyond

          • Semi-structured interviews in a relaxed space - analyzing the data

          • The results so far have been generally positive

          • Wants to send the code for the Cuentalo site (or the Guardians site?) to IDRC developers

          • A GitHub repository link would be best, if they have it

          • Want to determine whether the page is accessible

          • On the visualizations page, is the OpenStreetMap used for visualisation accessible?

            • Alternative text

            • Selecting the various points on the map

          • Is the tool (open street map?) useful for the guardians?

          • Going to do “validation” to determine if the map is useful to citizens / impact on citizens

          • 2 methods

            • Evaluate tool with guardians - with a sample of the guardians, working with the tool with them, collect the perception of the tool, useful?

            • Create an instrument to collect this kind of data

            • E.g. Cuentalo - evaluated not only the page, but also the process that we did with the young movements

            • Sample of the citizens of Cartagena - work with the guardians, collect the perception of the citizens about how this kind of tool can be useful

            • Recording interviews

        • https://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/sustainability/education.html

  • Website and Logo design update

    • New logo has more playful element to it than before, various colour options

    • Avtar put it in the wireframe to see how it would look

    • Incorporated colours and patterns from Kente cloth and Mola

    • What about users on slower connections?

    • Could try to integrate the patterns into the letters of the logo

    • Colours and typography choices need to be considered

  • No labels