Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- Hypothes.is - Highlighting online textbooks and articles
- Feedback tool - selection of content and request a translation, alternative, explanation, etc.
- Metadata authoring - select a section of content in the editor and insert a citation, link, bold text etc.
- If the user is in edit mode (i.e. the user is in an editable text area, or in an application like a rich text editor)
- If the user is in a read-only mode
- If using a screen reader - how do you know where a selection has started and ended?
- If a user has to switch modes to go into a "select mode"
- Where do you know to put the caret?
- How will keyboard only ( no screen reader ) interactions work?
- Google Docs
- Use mouse to select text and highlight
- ARIA Effort
- Initially part of the ARIA 1.1 effort, but moved ultimately to ARIA 2.0.
- Starting point: ISSUE-655: Consider creating annotations roles for comments, spell-check errors, etc.
- Based on a proposal from Microsoft regarding annotations in Office Online:
- W3C Annotations Effort