- Platform for Economic Inclusion
- Preference Editing Tools Design
- Fluid Infusion
- Design Handbook
- Social Justice Repair Kit
Working with Partners
• partners are our link to youth groups
• through their interaction with youth groups - we want to find out what barriers these groups are facing to working w youth with learning differences
⁃ How welcoming/inclusive are they now?
⁃ What can we (IDRC) offer them?
⁃ How excited are they for us to help them?
⁃ what are their requirements/needs from us?
⁃ how can we help find the gaps (in methods, in materials)
Potential overall structure:
How many youth groups, what you’ll do with them, how long it will take
1 – plan
2 – execute first round - activities w youth groups
3 – collect feedback and share out with all partners - successes w youth groups
4 – execute second round
5 – open data hack – can we do that in the different locales?
IDRC – establish a meeting time to connect with all the partners
• are we (IDRC) in more of a facilitational role?
• partners can connect with youth groups and we learn from what they’re doing
• the partners have the knowledge about working with youth
• what are they excited to have us help them with?
• events - bringing in youth for co-design sessions ?
• Jess sees it as concentric circles - we shepherd the big circle around the 4 partners, while partners have their own circles
• how to reach the kids that aren’t already there? - engaging new youth
• structure activities to get youth involvement - to get solutions that appeal to youth
• youth take on a design challenge ?
• facilitate by giving them design process/activity options?
• get the youth thinking about who isn’t here (empathy)
• considering themselves as service providers, not just recipients
• engage youth in solving their own problems
• metacognition and self-reflection
• how to start the conversation - what are the needs, engage the partners, how to tap into what excites them
• start with conversation with partners about barriers, top 3 problems, how do you address inclusion - how do you answer who’s not here and how do you get them here
• organize events
⁃ an important aspect will be the sharing back from partners about what they’ve done - we can learn from each others’ successes
⁃ how to facilitate this process - we can provide a platform?
⁃ co-designing the process - refining the process as we move toward solution
⁃ partners —> what are their requirements/needs to getting youth together
⁃ start with existing youth and figure out together how to get others to the table?
• meet every other week with partners?
• Jess will touch base with Jutta again to clarify our role and next steps