Present: Alan, Catalina, Colin, Dana, Gregor, James, Julianna, Liam
- Alan updated about budgets, work is ongoing;
- will send out information shortly about DEEP conference attendance
- working with young people on storytelling through artisan work
- volunteers are signing up via social hubs / incubators throughout Mexico
- gathering material for youth to create stories about the community - about their daily lives
- classes in different social incubators in different areas in Mexico - volunteers signing up this week
- working on mockups as we flesh out more features of the storytelling tool
- most recently thinking about what it looks like to search, what categorization looks like, also translation and how to request/provide/auto
- translation and localization options for storytelling tool...
- fallback to Google translate
- requesting translation
- in the middle of the admin stuff
- not working yet with groups but this month want to get going on first part - develop services and interviews, then travel to each group
- will see Jutta tomorrow in Cartagena with Silvia
- solidifying and finalizing details of the contract
- thought of another storytelling use case
The main idea was telling the story of a tree through different seasons. Like a bench with a sign that says "take a picture and send it to this URL" and then see how the spot evolves.
Tree is a basic example. Could be a housing development project "take a picture of what's in front of you and tell me how you feel about it"
This idea reminds Alan of something from NYC's public library with photos of buildings
- calling it Photospotz!
- want to make sure it doesn’t constitute scope creep? or just possible future directions - not to impede or dilute the design process
- will add thoughts/feedback to wiki
- Questions about budgets
- Timeframe? Aiming for the end of this month
- Jutta has to talk to the Oak Foundation
- Once the budget has been reorganized, we can start signing contracts
- Question from James: If we're in Phase 1, what is Phase 2? What are the timelines?
- P1 is sept 2017 to sept 2018
- P2 is after that and involves further work with the youth groups
- A lot of what we're doing right now is unknown territory so it’s hard to know for sure
- P2 is projected to go out to December 2019