Presenters: Lisa Liskovoi
Recapping a photography exhibit by and for the visually impaired at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
- An Imagine Conceptual project carried out by Movimento de Expressao Fotografica (Movement of Photographic Expression, MFF)
- to promote artistic production,...
- Partnered people with blindness and other forms of visual impairment with relevant institutions
- The institutions weren't specified
- Participants ranged in age from 7 to 78
- exposed to various aesthetic movements through art history and descriptions of works, both through touch and descriptions
- asked to describe images that occurred to them as a consequence around different themes
- asked to photographically produce the images they described
- the creators of the photographs took an active role in creating them
- works were presented through images, audio descriptions, and touch
- for each piece the original photo is shown along with a tactile version overplayed over the photograph
- the material of the tactile version is felt
- there is some value mapping for brightness with depth, but additional textures added for example hatched lines to indicate material of a sweater in the image