Release date: Decapod 0.5 was released on June 4, 2012!
Download and Install Decapod 0.5
What's New in Decapod 0.5
- New UI focused on Image import and export to PDF (Image, OCR, and Traced)
- Upgraded to a Pre-release version of Fluid Infusion 1.5
- Improved server side implementation
- Re-implemented the server side REST architecture
- Added server side file validation
- Sspecific response codes returned
- Upgraded to Cherrypy 3.2.2
Note: Decapod 0.5 removes support for the camera capture workflow. This will be reintroduced in a future release
(See: All Closed Jiras for Decapod 0.5)
What is Decapod?
Decapod is a project focused on building a low-cost digitization solution that will allow for rare materials, materials held in collections without large budgets, and other scholarly content to be digitized into a high-quality PDF format. This project will work to incorporate the hardware and software necessary to accomplish this goal.
See Decapod 0.5 Known Issues for a full, up-to-date listing of known issues with this release. Some of the known issues at release time are:
- DECA-188: Type 2 output quality is poor for well photographed and scanned documents
- DECA-216: The server doesn't report all errors and exceptions
- DECA-241: The server returns URLs that are relative to the server root, but doesn't include the server's domain
- DECA-249: Errors returned by the server are not handled by the UI
- DECA-262: "Add more" button mouse focusable even though the button has been disabled
If you are using the ORCA screen reader, you may need to press ORCA+F12 to properly navigate the accordion with the arrow keys. This will switch to Gecko's navigation mode.
For questions and assistance using Decapod 0.5, join the decapod mailing list. If you find a bug or issue with 0.5, you can file bug reports on our issue tracker.
Decapod is released under the Apache 2 license, making it widely compatible with a variety of open source licenses as well as commercial code.
The specific licences can be found on the Fluid wiki's Decapod License page.
A lot of work has gone into this release, and we'd like to thank everyone in the community for their contributions. We could not have reached this point without the dedication of all of our users, designer and developers.