Near Term Releases
Decapod 0.4: Camera Calibration and Bug Fixes
Pre-freeze Testing: July 12 - 13
Feature Freeze: July 14 - 16
Release Testing: July 19 - 21
Release: July 21 - 22
Could not retrieve http://issues.fluidproject.org/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-rss/10330/SearchRequest-10330.xml?tempMax=1000 - Page not permitted.
- Remove Stitching if required (see: DECA-100)
- Accessibility improvements
- Generate Stereo Calibration wireframes if necessary (check with progress / velocity of 3D stereoi dewarp at this time).
All Issues for Release 0.5
"0.6 Release" - Automatic Post-Capture Processing and Performance
- Speed up capture time
- Measure capture and stitching performance.
- Should we process large resolution images post capture or on export (and use scaled versions post-capture?).
- Early 3D dewarping
- Better font generation
- More usable PDFs
All Issues for Release 0.6
Numbers in brackets indicate priority. (1) = highest. (3) = lowest.
See Decapod Dashboard Wireframe.
Related to mock server "session" management?
- begin a book (1) (Unscheduled, related to mock server sessions?)
- list of all books (2) (Unscheduled)
- resume a book (probably the default action) (2) (Unscheduled)
- inport Decapod book from disk
- book-specific operations:
- delete, (3) (Unscheduled)
- export, (3) (Unscheduled)
- editing metadata, (3) (Unscheduled)
- general information (size, location) (3) (Unscheduled)
booklib-style (1) (Release 0.5)
- camera rotation: test pictures with both cameras, may need to reorient pages (via software transform)
- identifying left page-right page cameras
- book positioning, s.t. individual pages are fully captured (may involve repositioning book and/or cameras)
- possibly doable in one-step
stereo (1) (Release 0.5 or Release 0.6)
- camera position information: multiple surface pictures (live preview likely not available)
- ensuring book spread is in complete view for both cameras (each camera has to capture both pages fully)
- camera connections & support
- manual capture: (1)
- keyboard (Release 0.5)
- mouse (Release 0.3)
- pedal input (Unscheduled)
- delete pages (1) (Release 0.3, 0.4)
- reorder pages:
- near-reorder (Release 0.3) (1)
- recalibration (1) (Release 0.5)
- progress indication (possibly; unless we backload all the heavy processing and deal with downscaled images during user workflow)/feedback (1)
- Stereo dewarp (1) (Release 0.6)
- Post-capture Quality control: automatic binarizing, book frame, content bounding, deskewing automatically (1)
- auto-capture (time interval) (2) (unscheduled)
- live preview, if supported (2) (unscheduled)
- document metadata (2) (unscheduled)
- undo delete/reorder (2) (unscheduled)
- Post-capture Quality control: manual interaction (hence UIs) may be needed if results are poor.* insertion* (2) (unscheduled)
- zoom/loupe/100% crop (3) (unscheduled)
- recapture* (3) (unscheduled)
- draggable Capture insert position
- grid and list views
- Thumbnails: Post Capture Processing indicators
- Image in Queue
- Image being processed
- Image processed
- Page Preview:
- "Click anywhere to capture" control
- Display "raw" left and right images if not processed.
- Display processed images if processed
- Left and right bounding boxes
- Single bounding box
- Apply-left bounding box to subsequent left pages.
- Apply-right bounding box to subsequent right pages.
- Collision detection and error message.
Export (could happen at book management or capture stage)
- Export to PDF:
- pdf-image (1) (Release 0.3)
- pdf with images and ocr (1) (Release 0.6)
- pdf with generated fonts*(1)* (Release 0.6)
- pdf with generated fonts and OCR.
- See Decapod 0.3 Design - Export (1)
- Export to Binary Formats:
- unprocessed multipage TIFF (1) (unscheduled)
- processed PNGs
- Dewarped TIFFs (no other processing).
- Export to Decapod formats:
- Full Decapod package
- Basic Decapod package (only what is needed to generate PDFs)
- preview before export? (3)
- possible link to the file afterward so they can open it (3)
End User Deliverable and Packaging
- Easy installation
- Double-click install
- Live CD install
- System support matrix.
- Cameras. See gphoto2 testing
- Library versions for camera support
- Minimum system req's (related to benchmarking?)
All Issues for Release 1.0