This page lists things in Infusion that will be deprecated in 1.5, in particular things that we plan to remove entirely in 2.0
|Topic||Marked in docs||Marked in code|
|FSS (we're not replacing this)|| |
- instead, use distributeOptions and dynamic grades instead
|use of components which are not "autoInit" - including the return of nonComponent material from a creator function, and manual attachment of components to trees|| || |
the use of manual lifecycle points (postInit, finalInit, preInit)
- instead, use two new configuration blocks: modelListeners and new listener block with member named 'changePath'
| || |
the use of manual component initialisation functions such as fluid.initLittleComponent and fluid.initViewComponent
- instead, use grades and autoInit
| || |
|the use of legacy IoC expressions such as "@1", "@2", "COMPONENT_OPTIONS" etc.|| || |
|the option "returnedPath" (and "returnedOptions", which is gone already)||N/A|| |
changeApplier and model features:
- The special changeApplier events "guards" and "postGuards"
- Our vestigial "superApplier" ("fluid.makeSuperApplier")
- The utility "fluid.model.copyModel" (simply use "fluid.copy" since we don't believe in shared model references any more)
- The mergePolicy "preserve"
- The ChangeApplier event type "MERGE" (only "ADD" and "DELETE" will be supported)
|The use of fluid.tryCatch()||N/A|| |
- The name "fluid.event.getEventFirer" (in favour of the simpler name "fluid.makeEventFirer")
- "unicast events"
- Note that any arguments to fluid.makeEventFirer are not a public API, this signature will change when we implement "latched events" and abolish "unicast events"
| except for arguments to makeEventFirer - not sure what that means|| |
|Progress events and callbacks onProgressBegin and afterProgressHidden|| |
The old names "fluid.model.setBeanValue" and "fluid.model.getBeanValue"
- instead, use "fluid.model.set" and "fluid.model.get"
|fluid.lightbox (use fluid.imageReorderer) - some css there as well?|| || |
|stuff in Fluid.js e.g. fluid.keyForVaue()...|| || |
|path utilities in DataBinding (not documented anyway?)|| || |
|fl-ProgEnhance-basic is deprecated, and replaced by fl-progEnhance-basic|| || |
- (we don't have a replacement yet)we expect to have a replacement by 2.0
- not sure if 2.0 will abolish the renderer or merely deprecate it
| || |