To install Decapod 0.4, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Firefox 3.6 or later
- Decapod application (including OCRopus and Fluid Infusion elements)
- Two supported cameras attached to system using USB cables. For a list of supported cameras, see the Decapod FAQ
- A display capable of 1280x1024 pixels.
You will need Mercurial to access the Decapod code repository. You can install Mercurial by running
In a terminal, run the following:
hg clone https://decapod.googlecode.com/hg/ decapod-0.4
The above commands will retrieve the Decapod source code and update it to the 0.4 release.
To Run Decapod for the First Time
Assuming your current directory is
./decapod-0.4/, enter the following in a terminal:
Once the server is running, open a web browser sessions using the following URL: http://localhost:8080/
Where to Go From Here
Once you have Decapod 0.4 installed and running, you can proceed to the Decapod 0.4 User Guide or just begin experimenting.
We welcome any reports on bugs, issues, or comments!
"<Some file> not found." Error
Try running through the installation steps again as shown above.
"./book/captured-images/ Permission denied" Error when running Decapod 0.4 server
You may need to change the permissions on the decapod-server/book directory. Alternatively, you can try running Decapod using
sudo python ./decapod.py
- Unable to run server / gphoto2 not found. Can not capture.
gphoto2 may not have installed during the regular install process. You may need to install Decapod in separate steps: