Invictus Games House (IGH)
Toronto September 23 to 30, 2017
Create a space that is inclusive of all visitors.
Consult and onsite observation and adaptation
Areas being reviewed and considered:
|POINTS OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION||ACTIONS|
One TV with audio on
|VIDEO||8 TV screens captioned|
address micro and macro print: eg. tickets vs wayfinding have different requirements
• wayfinding and booth signage (tickets, registration)
• drink tickets
• food and drink labels on self serve tables
• lower level signage as well as high level signage for wayfinding and booth signage
• Braille. Other languages?
Inclusive customer service training
• scheduled for afternoon of opening night (Caren and Moisen).
• volunteers have general customer services training in inclusion
• therefore, focus on context-specific: personas scenarios
script to come
-Aisles need to provide at least 920mm of clear width, with a 1500mm space to turn a wheelchair around at key points in the facility.
-Chairs need to be light and easy to re-position.
-should be a mix of seating with arms (20%) and seating without arms (80%)
source: IG guide
• long harvest tables
• hydraulic cruiser tables
• bars (with bartenders)
• ticket booths (with service)
• registration booths
• self serve food
• action food stations (making on the spot with a cook)
applied to all booths
applied behind all TV screens
|visual noise: too many visual elements demanding attention at the same time. |
For example, layering TV screens over visually dynamic, high contrast graphics.
|inclusion, diversity and accessibility guidelines for sponsors to access?|
|FOOD AND DRINK||ACTIONS|
Have available: caps to cover glasses and straws
Have trays available for transportation of multiple items from food stations and bar
Utensils and glassware should be symmetrical for easy use by left and right-handed people.
loose serviettes rather than serviette dispensers
source: IG guide
Relevant information from director of INVICTUS GAMES HOUSE
Purpose and Mandate of IGH:
• Invictus Games House (IGH) serves as a meeting and social hub for competitors, dignitaries and sponsors to network and enjoy the Games experience together
• It provides a place for competitors from all nations to share the Invictus Games experience
• Dignitaries will have an opportunity to interact with the competitors from their countries and network with other dignitaries
• IGH provides a structured way for all accredited guests to engage in the Games experience
• IGH is also integral to sponsor activation initiatives where sponsors can demonstrate their Invictus support while also providing an enriched experience to get close to competitors and dignitaries
• IGH is a private facility that requires accreditation for entry
• The Vision for IGH is to create an inviting exclusive environment for competitors, dignitaries and sponsors to mingle with other guests in a relaxed fun and inspirational setting that reflects the Invictus brand