Download Fluid Infusion
Updated - Fluid Infusion 1.3.1
A minor update has been released.
- Updates Pager to use the Renderer by default
- Fixes several bugs in the Uploader
- Fixes a keyboard navigation bug in the Layout Reorderer
Release date: February 25, 2011
Latest Release: Fluid Infusion v1.3
Current release: Fluid Infusion v1.3
Release date: December 23, 2010
What's New in Fluid Infusion 1.3
- Sneak Peek at the new Inversion of Control (IoC) system
- Uploader support for HTML 5
- Flash-free for modern browsers!
- Substantially improved keyboard and screen reader accessibility
- Comprehensive automatic progressive enhancement based on browser capabilities
- Tons of accessibility improvements
- Better feedback for the Progress component
- Enhanced screen reader support for the Inline Edit component
- Location and movement announcements for the Reorderer component
- No wrap option for the Reorderer component
- The new Infusion Builder site, which allows you to create custom builds
- Renderer improvements
- ChangeApplier now supports transactions
- Bug fixes
- Many improved demos
See Upgrading to Infusion 1.3 for details.
What is Fluid Infusion?
Fluid Infusion is a collection of rich, reusable, accessible user interface components built for the Web. These components have been designed by a cross-disciplinary team and thoroughly tested for usability and accessibility. By incorporating Fluid components into your web application's user interface, you will make your application easier to use by more people. Easier to use means happier users.
See Infusion 1.3 Known Issues for an up-to-date listing of known issues with this release.
Status of Components
Supports A-Grade browsers, stable for production usage across a wide range of applications and use cases
Fluid Skinning System
Infusion Framework Core
Inline Edit - Simple Text
Reorderer: List, Grid, Layout, Image
Still growing, but with broad browser support. Expect new features in upcoming releases
In development; APIs will change. Share your feedback, ideas, and code
Inline Edit - Dropdown
Inline Edit - Rich Text
Mobile Fluid Skinning System
Table of Contents
For questions and assistance using Infusion 1.3, join the infusion-users mailing list, or join our IRC Channel. If you find a bug or issue with 1.3, you can file bug reports on our issue tracker.
Help us Build a Usable Web For Everyone
The Fluid Project is an open, collaborative development project. Our goal is to improve the user experience of community source web applications, so if you are a designer or developer and want to change the world, consider getting involved! The Fluid component library includes not only full source code but also a designer's toolkit that offers useful design, accessibility, and usability strategies and documentation, all backed by a growing community of interaction designers, user interface experts, and software developers contributing a wealth of expertise in usability and accessibility.
Fluid code is licensed under a dual ECL 2.0 / BSD licence. The specific licences can be found on the Fluid wiki's Infusion Licence Template page.
Thanks to all the designers, developers, testers, and support folks who helped us get this release out the door!