Table of Contents
|Quarterly Report||Vera, David|
Personal Data Server and ISO work
Improve prefs framework implementation
All of the code is “roughly ported” and we have 6 working panels and 3 integrations at various stages of correctness. Next steps are to finish up on the 6 remaining panels, including the localization enactor which should be capable of relocalising the UIO interface live without disturbing the markup, and to start porting as many of the test cases that are still relevant to the new architecture.
Work in progress at https://github.com/amb26/new-renderer-demo/tree/FLUID-5047
Production website: https://wecount.inclusivedesign.ca/
Development deploy: https://dev--wecount.netlify.app/
Website Design: Figma Doc
Website content: Vera, David
2.8.0 was released on Nov 24, 2021.
|Target version||GitHub Issue or task name||People||Status||Notes|
|2.8.1||The map is not showing the latest code change||Cindy|
|2.8.1||Add IDRC project indicator to the header||Cindy|
|2.8.1||Move from sanitize to modern-css-reset||Antranig|
|Published new page on Pluralistic Data Infrastructure||Antranig|
There are several pull requests which were automatically filed by Dependabot and which should be evaluated and merged
|next||#550: How To Run instructions don't work in Windows built-in CLI||Gregor|
|next||Update page URLs and codebase to reflect new page names||Gregor|
Many pages were renamed via the CMS, but the URLs still reflect the previous information architecture. These should be updated to reduce confusion and line up with the current names.
NOTE: because some URLs to the Initiatives pages (formerly Views) have been shared publicly, "/views/" should be set up as an alias for "/initiatives/"
|next||File outstanding issues from previous testing etc.||Gregor|
Many issues were discovered during previous rounds of site testing but have not yet been filed on GitHub.
In no particular order:
- Add an Accessibility Issue bug template (assign the already-existing "accessibility" label automatically)
- Add a "Skip to content" link
- Pagination URL numbers don't match the page number (this is an issue with 11ty, may require filing on their issue tracker instead)
- Ensure resources created in the CMS cannot trigger a build or render error (e.g. from using the '<' or '>' characters in a title)
- Search works only via enter key, consider adding a "Search" button
- Add automated regression tests for functions (e.g. for the functions in utils.js or resources-dynamic-handler.js)
- Consider simplifying CMS data representations (e.g. is the "categoryId" value necessary?)
- Consider renaming all references to "category" to "topic" to maintain consistency between CMS and UI
- Consolidate image assets into SVG sprite file
- Remove template duplication between Nunjucks and Vue.js
- Code style: switch all usage of "rem(px)" to use plain rem units (e.g. instead of "rem(16)", use "1rem")
- On page load after a filter is applied, expand/collapse resource filter sections based on whether any checkboxes are selected
- Any outstanding issues with UIO integration
- Any outstanding HTML validation issues (use same validator as WebSavvy audits)
- Any outstanding a11y issues identified by WAVE Evaluation Tool
- Fix pagination and social panel widths for narrow viewports
- Allow choosing the number of resources to show per page
- Show "clear all" links per filter section only when a checkbox in a given section is checked (currently all showing when any checkbox is checked)
- Remove "?s=" from URL when no there is no search term
- Address Initiatives page checkbox sorting and case difference issues
- Style: fix indentation of Nunjucks if blocks at top of "page", "initiative", "view" and "resourceDetail" templates
- Rename all "learn tags" references to be simply "tags" or "resources tags"
- NVDA 2019.3.1: the checkmark icon in a checked box is announced
- NVDA 2019.3.1: Pagination links are announced as simply "1", "2", "45", and "next". These should say "Page 1" (and so on) and "next page"
- iOS Safari13.3: Topics have no gap between them in narrow view ("gap" property isn't supported, "row-gap" doesn't seem to work)
- iOS Safari13.3: "clear all" buttons are on the left instead of the right
- iOS Safari13.3: there's no space between the "apply filters" and "reset filters" buttons
Accessibility Map / Data Monitor
The map design: https://www.figma.com/file/0lcLol3X5MmOXackT2YbHJ/WeCount-website?node-id=2291%3A0
The development deploy: https://build-covid.netlify.app/
The umbrella document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a4emmifag7OVefDvTRbFf7ck_AwZziaGlotvhL-0-RI/
The Pluralistic Data Infrastructure
Antranig gave a talk on Dec 3 for CIFAR - slides available at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1wF8EHXc8_h9gREwEzVzYg7gd_vMnPwPCWJRnossOTXw/edit
Documentation: Inverted Wordles Architecture; Evaluate Word Cloud Libraries
Optimizing Diversity with Disability
|Move ODD website to weCount website||David, Vera, Ed|
Ed is working on the ODD website content
In contact with these parties for dependencies:
- Jake and Oliver at LinkedIn: better understand LinkedIn Recruiter including test cases, architecture and filtering system
- Alina and David at Korn Ferry: ask for a dataset for senior/executive hiring
- Betsy at Valuable 500: ask for a dataset for entry level hiring and average hiring
- LinkedIn: Judy from LinkedIn will connect us with their Equity team.
- Korn Ferry: will have a brainstorm meeting with KF technology department and hiring department on Feb 3.
- Valuable 500: Betsy can help to connect us with Valuable 500 member companies.
AI Hiring system scan
Experimented on features of LinkedIn profile and LinkedIn Recruiter
Collect CVs from people with disability
Promoted this message in WeCount December newsletter and social media
Coding to Learn and Create
Websites: http://codelearncreate.org, https://weavly.org/
Wiki: Coding to Learn and Create
Plan: Iteration plan
|1.2 Development||Whole team||Kanban|
|Final Videos||Michelle, Avtar|
|Weavly Website||Sepi, Ned||Kanban|
|Open Robot Kit||Daniel, Michelle, Avtar|
The Accessibility Exchange
Co-design site: https://accessibility-exchange.inclusivedesign.ca/
Overview of our co-design approach
Initial planning sessions with Leadership Committee of disability organizations
|Cheryl, Sepi, Ned|
|Submit REB||Cheryl, Sepi|
|Sketchy CSS for prototype platform ("Looseleaf")||Ned||Github repo|
|Set up prototype platform||Ned, Gio||Kanban|
|Set up co-design website||Cheryl, Sepi, Ned|
Cooperative Data Communities (CIFAR)
Meeting with SEWA week of Jan 24
|Meeting with Digital Green Jan 19/22||Dana, Colin|
|Co-design Planning with SEWA||Dana|
3R Tool Design Idea: 3R Tool Design Description
Sketches: CISL - Early Design Sketching
Clusive Reader, using Django and incorporates UIO: http://clusive.cast.org
Alan's ILDH entry on adaptive and personalized learning: http://diagramcenter.org/diagram-reports/diagram-report-2019/personalized-learning.html
Implement Bookshare search page, display search results page(s), import Bookshare title.
- Q/A requested change in presentation of error message when Bookshare search returns an error; fixed.
- User testing starts this week.
Implement User Profile page
Implement customized knowledge checks - vocabulary and questions
- CSL-1539 Create database structures for Customizations
Connect with Scholastic
- Will be addressed sometime in January.
- May be "in progress" soon.
- May be possible to model work on Bookshare implementation.
Connect with Gooru
- Set aside for the time being.
Equitable Digital Systems (Future of Work and Disability)
Project subsite on IDRC website
|Platform development in Laravel||Justin|
|Create EDS-relevant "landing page" for IUI outcomes||Jon||5d|
Right to Decide (R2D)
Spike on web based version of LCIL
|Platform development in Laravel||Justin|
(Floe) User Interface (Learner) Options Mobile and Responsive Design
|Redesign UIO interface||Uttara|
FLUID-6364Getting issue details...
FLUID-6416Getting issue details...
FLUID-6417Getting issue details...
FLUID-6443Getting issue details...
FLUID-6498Getting issue details...
FLUID-6499Getting issue details...
Needs design input on user experience of various font-display options for body text.
FLUID-6507Getting issue details...
FLUID-6513Getting issue details...
FLUID-6514Getting issue details...
FLUID-6621Getting issue details...
UIO+ Browser Extension
Infusion 4 Kanban board
Post Infusion 2.0 Review Meeting Notes
FLUID-6605Getting issue details...
FLUID-6606Getting issue details...
FLUID-6629Getting issue details...
FLUID-6131Getting issue details...
- This documentation is needed to support integrations.
FLUID-6110Getting issue details...
- Updated the tags in Infusion and Infusion-Dev repos
- Alan created a tool for generating docpad builds from tags.
FLUID-6198Getting issue details...
|Work to bring the multilingual spike into core Infusion's examples, and improve the documentation on multilingual UIO.|
FLUID-6148Getting issue details...
FLUID-6523Getting issue details...
FLUID-6535Getting issue details...
|We don't officially support MS Edge 44 any more.|
FLUID-6563Getting issue details...
Inclusive Design Toolkit
Community Led Co-design Kit
The Inclusive Design Guide
Inclusive Learning Design Handbook http://handbook.floeproject.org/
Cities Co-design Toolkit
|Fluid Project Twitter|
|FLOE Website Updates||e.g. project updates|
AChecker - On Hold
Updating Achecker to work with the newer PHP version, 5.4+
ON HOLD Not as important as Floe work
Upgrade complete, but some checks not checking; still need access to old Checker for comparison, but not the production site
ADOD Website - On Hold
Refresh site and move it to 11ty
|Alan, Ned, Caren|
Bodies in Translation - On Hold
Bodies in Translation
IDRC Website - On Hold
https://idrc.ocadu.ca / https://dev--idrc.netlify.app
Inclusive Cities - On Hold
Integrations, Collaborations, and Web Admin - On Hold
MyL3 - On Hold
Latest mockups for implementation: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/iHnIZDS3cFzxpnC
Latest mockups: https://files.inclusivedesign.ca/s/Irsq4w24gFgEGqF
(Floe) Preference Exploration and Self-Assessment (MyL3)
Importing external data exploration: https://myl3-static.firebaseapp.com/
Links to and info about the various versions of the Storytelling Tool can be found on the Branches documentation page: https://github.com/fluid-project/sjrk-story-telling/blob/master/docs/BRANCHES.md
Longer-term and more detailed Storytelling Tool planning is achieved via the Storytelling Priorities spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_MYdS2ASPERITszN7bmdvnsrfRtdRb2hmZGTJkOc7WM/edit?usp=sharing
Other info regarding Storytelling Tool, including designs and processes: Web Storytelling Tools
SJRK-20Getting issue details...
|Dana, Justin, Gregor|
IN PROGRESS Dana has been working on designs, Justin and Gregor have been working on estimating a "Minimum Valuable Product" version of account system
SJRK-406Getting issue details...
SJRK-408Getting issue details...
SJRK-409Getting issue details...
SJRK-411Getting issue details...
SJRK-355Getting issue details...
ON HOLD Basic helm chart is created and works against a minikube cluster. Focusing on CouchDB now.