(high) = high priority
(medium) = medium priority
(low) = low priority
- Content status indication:
- Status for completeness: complete / in progress. (high)(FLUID-1414)
- Visibility: public / not public. (high)(FLUID-1414)
- Ability to set other states at a later time.(low)
- Users of a certain profile should be allowed / restricted from seeing "not public" patterns
- Trigger content publishing
- After 3 approvals, if pattern is not public, then make it public.(low)
- Track revisions
- maintain a list of contributors to a design pattern. (high)
- ability to easily revert to previous versions. (high)
- Drupal does this currently, but is it what we want?
- Display the list of contributors somewhere on the page. (high)
- Not allow removal of design patterns by author once public (medium)
- Public / Not public viewability
- Allow author to specify a draft design pattern be viewable by public (high)
- Once a design pattern is public, it can not be made private by the author (medium)
- Ability for a small group to work on a document. (medium)
- How do we allow co-authoring or collaboration amoung normal users?
- How easy is it to set up organic groups?
- Messaging / notification system for: (medium)
- new comments
- new viewable content
- Reviewers notified of new drafts
- new user messages
- change notification
- Ability to rank comments (low)
- also allow a user to filter content that is above/below a threshold.
- notify Reviewers / moderators when a comment has gone above / below a particular threshold so appropriate actions can be taken.
- Investigate alternative approaches to the comment system (low)
- We are relying heavily on user interactions on the OSDPL. Therefore comment system should be robust and easy to use.
- look for ways to place comments higher in the page.
- experiment with various UI placements of text directing action to Comments.
- Threaded comments may be helpful in making different conversations easier to follow. (low)
- Implement spam filtering and spam prevention (high)
- commenting does not require a user account, so how do we prevent spam? Captcha? Use a system like Akismet?
- User registration security (captcha or something similar?) (high)
- Visually separate in progress patterns from complete patterns. (high)
- Ranking content as form of filtering.(low)
- hide content if it falls below a certain threshold. (low)
- user configurable?
- Ranking as a form of content moderation(low)
- If content reaches a certain threshold for a rank, moderators should be notified.(low)
- Ability to promote / nominate user accounts from normal to Reviewer. (low)
- Based somehow on User Ranking?
User profiles: (high)
- Unregistered user (Content consumer)
- can view public content on the site including announcements, design patterns, and comments
- can comment on other people's patterns (proper spam deterrent/filtering should be in place)
- can not create content design patterns
- Registered user (Content author)
- The basic user account allowing a person to create design patterns, rank users and content.
- anyone can become a registered user and begin writing patterns
- Reviewer (Content editor and moderator)
- Someone who has demonstrated an understanding of design patterns and can help edit and polish draft patterns.
- A reviewer can also moderate comments and facilitate discussion.
- Patterns Administrator (Content Administrator)
- responsible for administering content, pattern users, and keeping an eye on activity
- can create, edit, and delete design patterns, comments, announcements, users
- Site Administrator (Technical Administrator)
- Same as the patterns administrator, but with full site access.
- responsible for the operation of the OSDPL site
- updating modules, data backup, security, etc.