This page contains a living list of citations and links to resources that discuss inclusive design, universal design, co-design, participatory design, and co-creation methods.
Inclusive and Universal Design
- Lewis, Clayton. "HCI for people with cognitive disabilities." ACM SIGACCESS Accessibility and Computing 83 (2005): 12-17.
- Lopresti, Edmund F., Cathy Bodine, and Clayton Lewis. "Assistive technology for cognition [Understanding the Needs of Persons with Disabilities]." Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, IEEE 27.2 (2008): 29-39.
- NC State University Center for Universal Design. The Principles of Universal Design. 1997. Web.
- Newell, Alan. "Inclusive design or assistive technology." Inclusive Design. Springer London, 2003. 172-181.
- Treviranus, Jutta. "Making Yourself at Home—Portable Personal Preferences." In 8th International Conference, ICCHP 2002 Linz, Austria, July 15–20, 2002 Proceedings, pp 643-648.
- Treviranus, Jutta. "The Value of the Statistically Insignificant." Educause Review, January-February 2014. Web.
- Treviranus, Jutta. "You say tomato, I say tomato, let's not call the whole thing off: the challenge of user experience design in distributed learning environments." On the Horizon 17:3, 208 - 217. 2009.
- Vanderheiden, Gregg. "Fundamental principles and priority setting for universal usability." Proceedings on the 2000 conference on Universal Usability. ACM, 2000.
Participatory and Co-Design
End User Development