Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Presenter: Daniel Ura
- What is Strategic Foresight?
- Futures thinking helps to understand and organize situations, environments and problems
- Laws of the Future:
- Future cannot be predicted because it does not exist
- Alternative futures can and should be forecast
- Preferred futures should be predicted and evaluated
- Useful ideas about the future should appear to be ridiculous
- Should seem impossible and then becomes familiar and the normal
- What is considered "likely" is the least likely futures
- If futurists expect to be useful they should be ridiculed and ideas initially rejected
- "We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us"
- Technological change is often the basis of social/environmental change