Late May Milestone
- Keyboard and screen reader accessibility integration with PhET Scenery module (John Travoltage)
- Sonification designs (John Travoltage)
- Design documentation and early designs (Energy Skate Park)
- Early sonification implementation (John Travoltage)
- Early sound effects implementation (John Travoltage)
- Text and controls options early design (John Travoltage)
John Travoltage HTML Markup
|Come up with a new way to report electrons (not using Progress)|| || ||Try using role=status.|
John Travoltage PhET Scenery Integration
|Learn scenery||5d||JO||It's an ongoing process. Learning things as I need them.|
|Integrate HTML demo with Scenery Model||10d||JO|
- Added sliders for the arm and leg
- Linked the sliders to the model
- Adjusted the arm so the centre position pointed at the doorknob
- Added value-text to sliders
- Added discharge alert
- Alert works in most browser/platform combinations
- VoiceOver is reading the "aria-valuetext" twice
- Can we not clip the accessible content so that it is discoverable by dragging over the screen in VoiceOver on iOS?
- need to still be invisible so that they won't interfere with the sim
- VoiceOver on iOS prevents sound effects. Will play after VoiceOver is disabled.
- can scene descriptions be dynamic?
|Figure out how to calculate the closest position of the arm to the doorknob. Currently we are using a hard-coded number.|| || || |
|Figure out how to transition the foot between points if jump keys are pressed (Pgup/Dn, Home/End)|| || || |
|Figure out how to transition the hand between points if jump keys are pressed (Pgup/Dn, Home/End)|| || || |
John Travoltage Sonification + Sound Effects
Sonification: A audio representation of data.
Sound effects: An identifiable sound accompanying an event.
|Determine what needs to be sonified||2d||JH|
|Design sonification with collaborators||8d||JH|| |
|Design and implement sound effects||5d||JH / JO|| |
|Implement sonification||10d||JO|| Includes learning what PhET does currently.|
Energy Skate Park
|Document design issues||4d||JH|| |
|Early design||5d||JH|| |
John Travoltage Text and Controls Options
Description: A feature which allows the user to display text descriptions and slider controls for John Travoltage. The user would be able to interact with both the graphical sim and the slider controls simultaneously.
|Create use case||3d||JH|| |
|Early design||2d||JH|| |
|High fidelity design|| ||JH|| |
Older Tasking Notes
PhET John Travoltage Tasking - Archive