Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
FLUID-5238Getting issue details...
FLUID-5227Getting issue details...
FLUID-5228Getting issue details...
FLUID-5229Getting issue details...
FLUID-5230Getting issue details...
FLUID-5231Getting issue details...
FLUID-5230Getting issue details...
FLUID-5233Getting issue details...
FLUID-5234Getting issue details...
- Create Showcase Framework Demo (data visualization app? Framework Demo (wireframes))
- Add relevant demos from build site page to Demos page
- Create new instructional demos where needed
- Ensure existing instructional demos up-to-date
- Make sure there are good links to them from other relevant pages
- Fix links to FSS demos (all linking to 1.3 only)
- Make a plan for moving instructional demo code into codebase proper (currently in AC's branches)
- Framework Concepts
- Update links to reference current site (migrate/update content as necessary)
- Rename pages to be more meaningful
- Think about how to better structure "concepts" documents, to better identify actual concepts and principles from motivation and background.
- Create different "roadmaps" for different audiences: Pages with suggested links based on what reader is probably looking for.
- Pages in wiki space that should be in docs
- Links from master docs into 1.3/fluid that should be updated
- FSS demos
- Links to component APIs on the API page
- 'custom build' link on Developer Guide page (create "lastest release" and "nightly" versions), rename given that 'download package' will go away
- get rid of 'download package'
- How Infusion Works page
- links to component landing pages: Create new ones!!
- several framework concepts & the Framework Concepts page itself
- some FSS links
- 'commonly appearing options' on Declarative Configuration page
- Intro text on Renderer page
- Links on Renderer Component Trees page
- Links on Renderer Decorators page
- Links to component tutorials on How-to Guides page
- Update content of tutorials as appropriate!
- Pages that need updating in general
- Check all pages for missing includes, images, etc.
- Find a new way to label "boiling"
- Remove references to "New in vX.X"
- Remove references to component decorators (we use grade accumulation now, instead, e.g. Undo: no longer a decorator, now a grade)
- Page to move out of docs back into wiki
- On the 1.3/1.3.x and 1.4 release pages, add links to their relevant docs spaces
- Create an 'archive' space for really old docs:
- Decide if Fluid Versioning Scheme belongs in docs or wiki
- Move Component Status page to docs space(s)
- Consider the v1.4 page Browser Support and its child pages: decide if it belongs in docs, and if latest docs need a version
- Create an appropriately updated version of the 1.3 Components page for other docs spaces
- Ensure that the main wiki nav Components link references the latest version (which doesn't exist yet!)
Post-1.4 Tasks Archive
Where to work
- If you're not sure where to put something, ask in the channel or make your best guess. We'll be cleaning things up after the sprint, so don't fret about it.
- When you create or update a page, please add a link to it to this page (if there is none).
Topics and Suggested Authors
Must-Haves (API changes)
- Review "Onion Rings" tutorials (Antranig)
- Review new UI Enhancer docs (Cindy?)
- UI Enhancer API docs
- Tutorial - Page Enhancer
- check for missing/wrong things (e.g. list of options or configurable subcomponents is correct?)
- fill in actual text descriptions of things
- add missing examples, etc.
- Review and update existing IoC docs (Yura)
- These docs have become out-of-date with recent changes to the framework
- How to create something with IoC (Yura)
- simple program as basis for a tutorial
- James/Caroline's data visualization app?
- Update How to Use Infusion IoC to more current recommendations
- Framework Debugging Guide (Antranig and Yura)
- How to turn on logging
- How to read the logging output
- Firebug tips?
- Where in a typical demands-resolution call stack to look for things, and what to look for
- Maybe include a "trouble-shooting" section: symptoms of typical problems and what the likely causes are
- Pseudoarguments (Colin?)
- how to use them
- how to define them using the "argumentMap" option
renderOnInit flag (Anastasia)
- Update Uploader API docs to reflect changes
- Review updates to Uploader API docs (Colin?)
- Unsure of description for new events:
- Design review of Instructional Demos (James)
Would Really Be Great
- General Guide To Working With IoC-Enabled Infusion Components (Anastasia?)
- what it means when a component has subcomponents
- the difference between configuring using options and configuring using demands blocks
- understanding specificity of demands blocks, and how to figure out how specific to make yours
- understanding why you may have to replicate the contents of an existing demands blocks in your demands blocks
- Finish "Onion Rings" tutorials (Anastasia?)
- Update the docs on Renderer Decorators (Michelle?)
- including new functions:
- fluid.renderer.getDecoratorComponents (most useful)
- UI Options 1.4 Upgrade tutorial (Colin?)
- Docs on component tree expanders (Colin?)
- UI Options "instructional demos" (Anastasia)
- Explain "instantiators" (Yura?)
- Explain the new
noexpand merge policies
- A page on fluid.fetchResources (Cindy?)
- including the use of "fetchClass" to enable "Proleptic Joinsets"
- Event Priorities (Justin?)
- specify "priority: <val>" as an option
- acceptable vals are "first", "last" or integers; higher numbers go first, lower numbers go last; negatives allowed;
- default is "undefined" if not specified; typeFounts automatically first
- how sorted for undefined? last, except for "last"
- Simple Renderer tutorials, such as (Anastasia?)
- how to render radio buttons
- how to render checkboxes
- how to render drop-downs
- how to render repeated things using the "repeat" expander
- how to bind things to a data model
- how to render tables
- Instructional demos have been started, at Renderer Instructional Demos
If We Have Time
- Component priorities (Cindy?)
- Demands blocks: when to use nickname, when to use fully qualified (Michelle/Colin/Yura?)
- Document new framework functions (everyone!)
- NOTE: We have a template for function API pages - if you're going to work on them, ask how to use it
- fluid.log (new parameters)
- also a gradeName of the same name?
- currently used by the progressive checkers.
- requires an option named "targetTypeName"
- returns a type tag with that name
- note: creation priority defaults to "first" (but can be overriden)
- general purpose of a typeFount might be to define something that might guide the instantiation of other component (e.g. the progressive checkers)
- see http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4191
- ... and many more!
- Tutorial: Creating an FSS Theme (Anastasia)
- Tutorials for renderer component tree expanders (Yura?)
- Finish the 'reordered with JSON-based callback' tutorial (Harris?)