Here we have the homepage for the Services of VULab.
What are Services
Services are the programs that reside within the greater VULab program that allow for third-party applications to interact with VULab. Services create an API that allow survey tools, results tools, and in the future much more, to work with VULab while maintaining their own robustness. Services are what provide the functionality of "plug-ins".
VULab and the Fluid Project take pride in offering robust and highly adaptable applications. Keeping in line with this mantra we at VULab have chosen to offer a way for ANY survey tool (and in the future) most fascets of the core VULab application to be switched out for Third Party Applications. This allows our researchers who use VULab to use whatever survey tool they are most comfortable with or is best suited to their study.
What Services are Scheduled for VULab Web
- Survey Plug-in Services
- This service interacts with the VULab projects system to save the references to surveys needed for distribution to testers.
How do Services Interact with VULab Web
Services are the front line of the plug-in system, they are the filter that protects VULab's core database and information from being tampered with or being corrupted. Thus, behind each service is a "layer" that directly interacts with the databases and information of VULab. A brief overview of those layers are outlined below.
- Project Object Layer
- create/manage/all project data.
- save urls for surveys
- save urls for results
- Survey Data Layer
- pull unique id from survey tool to push to project layer.
- format survey taking urls for project layer based on unique survey id.
- save urls to the project layer.
- Results Layer
- pull unique survey id from project layer
- format result viewing urls for project layer based on unique survey id.
- Database Data Layer
- Will interact as a filter to the core VULab Database library.
- Core System Layer
- Work with all other layers to interact with other systems not directly related to services.
- Screen flow control (outside of the services)
- Sessions management (outside of the services)
Where are the Services
All services and data layers are organized in /services/ folder for cleanliness. The /services/ folder will include all api files to integrate within the system.