- Overview of what has been changed and what is left to do (Heidi)
- Thoughts on where we draw the line for 1.4 and what we'll do in 1.5 (Michelle)
- People bring forward their questions and places they would like to draw attention to
- Division of review tasks
high level UIO changes since 1.3:
-split into 3 different layouts and created 3 components to implement each, and 3 demos to demo each
-changed the way some controls work (slider updated, checkboxes replacing radio etc)
-split controls into 3 components that load templates for each section
-added 2 new themes (black on yellow, yellow on black)
-added stuff to support fat panel: slidingPanel & tabs components, autoSave option to UIO
-upgraded UIO code to use IOC
-stand alone test page with real world content created
-upgrade UIEnhancer to use IOC
left to do:
-layout editing (css/html) for all 3: tweaking, resizing, applying themes, diff browsers
Cindy & Antranig - UI Options (fine tooth coming)
Heidi & Colin - remove importants
Heidi & James - review design implementation
Mike & Michelle - UI Enhancer
Harris & Justin - ToC
Mike & Justin - Live preview
-fat panel broken in IE6
-test all 3 layouts w screen readers
Fat Panel UI Options
Full No Preview UI Options
- the demands block should should be against the preview component, no ui options use of it.
- how do you test these ui options flavours
- mike to provide examples of his integration tests
Full Preview UI Options
- The unit tests, they should use a temp store instead of cookie store.
- HTML5 local storage
- CouchDB + OpenID
- Should UI Enhancer be made into an autoinit component?
- yes, doesn't appear to be a reason not to
- Should we do anything more to UI Enhancer prior to the ants refactoring?
- make private functions public (if needed, mark any as unsupported)
- Can we improve upon UI Option's use of UI Enhancer?
- UI Options shouldn't directly have a UI Enhancer but a reference to the Enhancer's model and applier
- defaults shouldn't reference items that are outside the scope of it's own defaults, these should be in demands blocks
- it's current state is good for this version of UI Option, will need to be refactored when the future UI Options is in place
- preview shouldn't be part of the base ui options defaults
- The variants of UI Options are not really ui option components, but some other component that has a ui option in it.
- This is analogous to the reorderer
- We shouldn't worry about the base ui options having any viewable defaults. This will be further discussed.
- Clean up copyright statements
- Check dependency files
- Review api changes from 1.3.1 to 1.4
- Do we still want the integration demos that we have? (Sakai and uPortal)
- yes for the Sakai demo the uPortal one is up to Justin
- Why is the in context demo in the stand alone demo folder? Where should we put it?
- Michelle to check in with Anastasia