Work in Progress
This page is work in progress.
Each person visiting a website is a unique individual with different needs, preferences, and ability to adapt to situations. Since most web content are primarily static once published, how can websites change and adapt to account for such human diversity and changing contexts with minimal disruption?
UI Options provides a way to enhance or improve website usability, flexibility, and accessibility by providing a way to customize and control aspects of a website without the need for additional software or tools. For those who design, build, or maintain websites, UI Options can also help reveal areas where the web content and structure can be changed to improve flexibility and robustness.
What is UI Options?
UI Options is a "widget" that can be added to websites that provide ways for visitors to adjust the website's presentation, perceptibility, and usability. Currently UI Options can:
- adjust text size and style
- increase line spacing
- change colour contrast
- add a table of contents
- emphasize links, buttons, and other inputs
UI Options works within the website and does not require any additional software to be installed - visitors needs only a modern web browser (latest Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge). UI Options works with Internet Explorer 11 (with support ending with the Infusion version 3 release in mid-late 2020).
Try the demo: You can try UI Options with this demo.
Introductory Video: This video (Youtube) summarizes the features of UI Options and goes over installation using the Zip package method.
Aside: Have an idea to improve UI Options? We're always looking to add new features. Send us an email / github etc.
Getting and Installing UI Options
UI Options can be obtained through a Zip package, built from Github source code, or via npm. Visit this guide for the instructions getting UI Options using one of these methods.
UI Options is also available as a plugin for Wordpress and Drupal.
There are a number of ways to get and install UI Options:
- Zip package
- Built from source code on github: recommended for users who require configurability and customization to fit their code project.
- Wordpress Plugin:
- Released with latest stable infusion release
- Directions / build process for using latest dev version.
- Drupal Plugin (maintained by ???)
- https://www.drupal.org/project/fluidui (maintained by https://openconcept.ca/)
Outline for Adding UIO:
- Detail instructions for the 5 methods above
- Fix issues
- Updating / upgrading
- Support, bug reporting
- Wordpress Plugin
Questions to answer:
- ongoing maintenance of UIO, upgrading, changes and new features, etc.
- how to use UIO for wordpress