1. What is your gender?
2. What is your age group?
3. What is your occupation or main activity? ________________________
4. What is your primary language? ________________________
5. If you have any disabilities that affect your use of computers, list them here: ________________________
6. In general, what is your comfort level with technology?
- Very comfortable
- Very uncomfortable
7. How often do you watch video clips (e.g., embedded into blogs, news sites, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) or movies on the web?
- Very often (7+ videos a week)
- Often (4-6 videos a week)
- Occasionally (1-3 videos a week)
- Not often (less than once a week)
8. Where do you watch these video clips? Check all that apply.
- Video clip sites (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- News sites
- TV or movie sites (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, local/national TV stations, etc.)
- Other: ____________
8. How often do you use closed captions or subtitles on videos? (e.g., when watching a video in a foreign language, or in a noisy environment, or in an environment where you can't play audio)
- I use CC/subtitles for most videos
- I use CC/subtitles from time to time
- I use CC/subtitles on the rare occasion
- I never use CC/subtitles
9. Have you ever added, created, or edited captions or subtitles for videos before? If so, which tool(s) did/do you use?
- Yes: ________________________
10. How often do you use video editing software? (e.g., iMovie, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- More than once a week
- Once a week to once a month
- Once a month to once a year
- Less than once a year