- the design problem space is ambiguous, not well defined, or complex.
- there is a broad audience who would be interested in or using your finished product / service.
- proposed solutions are not harmonious (i.e. satisfying one criteria, diminishes another).
- there are many possible design directions and unsure what to focus on.
- there is a potential of bias
Use a CaT to help gather ideas, stories, perspectives that give you possible directions for further exploration.
- Define a loose scope
- Come up with some scenarios to help your exploration
- Gather Find some peopleparticipants
- Observe and facilitate co-creation
- Give opportunity to individuals to document their personal "stories", designs, thoughts using multiple modalities
- Give opportunity for group individuals and groups work to refine ideas
- Allow time for iteration
- Todo: finish this..Give opportunity for groups and individuals to inspire each other through presenting ideas.
Case Study: IDRC-PhET Energy Skate Park Create-a-Thon