- biggest issue is planning
- in most years planning doesn't happen until the month before the conference
- don't get feedback from Jutta until last minute
- can plan without Jutta but really can't do much without her input
- JT is the main energizer
- We're all busy and working on unpaid project (i.e. DEEP) doesn't make sense sometimes
- Only a handful of people working on putting it together
- No fee system or structure
- Some pay, and some do not.
What went well
- the wall was nice
- the collaborative activity was good
- DEEP is a good opportunity to get out and meet new people and network
- but it's been the same people every year
- Are we getting our money's worth?
- sponsorships are low
- maintenance / custodial services
- DEEP is supposed to be a think-tank
- JT wants things to be "fresh"
- Hire an event planner?
- Conduct multiple streams
- Talk to JT and get together a committee and have JT hand over responsibility