We release versions of the Fluid framework, components, and Design Handbook on a monthly basis. For more information about the contents of each monthly release, check out the Fluid Community Roadmaps.
Release Version Number
Each release has a unique version number associated with it, e.g. "0.1" or "0.3beta1". This version number must be recorded consistently in a few locations:
- In Confluence, create a new wiki page as a child of the Project Coordination page called "Fluid x.y Release Status" (where x.y is the version number).
- This can be done by copying a previous release status page, and tweaking it.
- Document the release goals
- Create a table outlining the release deliverables, including the status and coordinator for each deliverable
- In JIRA, create a filter showing all of the open issues corresponding to the release.
- Save the filter and share it publicly. This may require special access in JIRA, so ask if you need help.
- Grab the URL to the RSS feed of the filter.
- Use the jiraissues tag in Confluence to automatically pull in the contents of the RSS feed and display it in a table:
- Consider putting a disclaimer at the top of any affected pages, with the following text (or something similar):
- "This page is currently being edited in preparation for the pending X.X release. It's contents should be considered in flux and unreliable until this warning is removed. For the latest stable release, see Fluid Infusion X.X."
- Duplicate the old Fluid Infusion - Current Release page into a new page called "Fluid Infusion X.X" where X.X is the old release number.
- _This new page should be a child of Fluid Infusion - Current Release.
- Update Fluid Infusion - Current Release to the latest release.
- Be mindful to follow the excerpt format. The links to the bundles at the top will be excerpted, and displayed on the Downloads and Demos page.
- Update the Downloads page to reflect any new demos that are now available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the release is complete, the Image Gallery project file, found at https://source.fluidproject.org/svn/fluid/image-gallery/trunk/web/pom.xmlImage Removed, must be updated to reflect the new SNAPSHOT version in it's Fluid dependency.
Updating Demos on the Fluid Project website
If you discover a security issue, follow the Fluid Security Policy and report the issue privately to the security team.