Where do we do what?
- IRC Channels
- fluid-ops: not private, but also not logged. should be used only for things that should not be logged i.e. real time coordination of operations tasks
- fluid-tech: technical conversations that are not interesting to the majority of the community. i.e. infrastructure plans and development
- fluid-work: general conversations, sharing information, technical conversations
- fluid-design: design conversations
How do we deal with scattered information?
- summarize the conversation so far when moving to a new space (new channel, from private to public)
- point people to where the conversation started if it is moving
- pirate pad should be treated as temporary and should be transfered to the wiki and mailing list immediately
- continue putting link to current pirate pad (or google doc) into IRC channel (so those who are not in the meeting can access as well)
- use the mailing list instead of emailing a select group of people
- Make use of Vidyo's recording features for saving and sharing interesting community meetings and etc.
- may need to look into getting participant permission for recording the audio and video.
- daily connection meeting as an opportunity to share about an interesting conversation or meeting that happened and to ask questions
- Design team will discuss what workflow works best for them and facilitates the above goals.
- Add a channel description for fluid-tech ( Alan )
- Improve the channel descriptions to clear about what they should be used for ( Alan )
- Investigate slack or mattermost ( ? )
- Turn the notes into heuristics for community communication ( Michelle and Dana )