- When jump key is held, a place holder appears in the location where movement will stop.
- When jump key is released
- if the magnet is in the left half of the screen, the magnet will move to the right.
- if the magnet is in the right half of the screen, the magnet will move to the left.
- the distance moved left or right in all situations will be 50% of the play area width.
- i.e. the magnet will move half a screen width each jump. If the magnet is in the left edge, a jump will put it in the middle.
- Why 50%? This increases the chances that a jump does something "interesting" if it is around the magnet.
Edge case: magnet is in the center of the play area, does the jump go left or right?
Illustration of the Jump Interaction
Image 1 (above): initial screen for Faraday's law.