- We need to create the protocol and the process
- today's meeting focused a lot of content - "what are the right checklists to use"
- discussed heuristics bs cognitive walkthroughs. perhaps a hybrid will work best for us. This kind of evaluation has worked well in the past for Daphne. So we use heuristics as our guide to walkthough specific scenarios. One of the scenarios is a general overview of the application which helps get to the intent of a heuristic.
- Clayton to put together a straw man of the process and protocol. As a group we can than collectively build the diagram and continue to improve it as we learn through doing.
- A couple UCamp ideas: 1) capture video of screen reader or keyboard only users to show at UCamp, 2) set up a kiosk w/ screen reader turned on and have people "be a screen reader user"
- Talked about the idea that heuristics can require a lot interpretation so usually require some expertise in accessibility and design principles, etc. What is the right level of granualarity for us. Do we need something more like a checklist? Perhaps we have both.
Chat Transcript from Breeze Room
Chat Transcript from May 11 2007 Heuristic Analysis Meeting