Reference: User Testing Protocol
- File Uploader Prototype
- User Testing Demographic Questionnaire
- Uploader User Testing Task Sheet
- Post-test Questionnaire
What courses are you taking that require online submission of assignments?
You are about to submit this week's assignment for [fluid:course name]. You have just logged into Sakai to submit this week's lab report for [fluid:course name].
For this task, assume you are an instructor for a Psychology 101 course site.
You just realized that you need to upload this week's lecture slides and assignment instructions for Psychology 101 to the course site. Assume you are already in your course site for the following tasks. You want to upload both lecture slides and assignment instructions to the file manager which is where you are.
Please upload an assignments file from the Psychology 101 folder on your desktop.
Please upload the 4 most recent lecture files from the Psychology 101 folder on your desktop.
Now I'd like you to upload the rest of the lecture slides, 5 - 12. [fluid:Let them hit upload and then...] While the files are being uploaded, you realize you didn't mean to upload lecture slides 11 & 12. What do you do?
[fluid:Before they hit done preferably, ask them] Now I'd like to upload 3 more of the assignments files. Please show me how you would upload 3 more files?
Notes for Test Coordinator
Offering help during the test
Don't offer help; let the user attempt to perform the task themselves. If they ask for help reply with:
- "What do you think you/that would do?"
- "What do you think that means (e.g. remove, checkmark, warning sign icons)?"
You want to observe whether users are able to:
- recognize that they can upload files
- select multiple files from the OS file system
- cancel or pause upload in progress
- remove files
- Have the user fill this out on their own before asking them the post-test questions below.
Post test questions (ask these verbally after the user has filled out the questionnaire)
- Is there anything else you'd like to tell me about your upload experience?