Areas being reviewed and considered:
|POINTS OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION||ACTIONS|
One TV with audio on
|VIDEO||8 TV screens captioned|
MICRO AND MACRO• booth labels
—English and Braille? other modalities?
address micro and macro print: eg. tickets vs wayfinding have different requirements
• wayfinding and booth signage (tickets, registration)
• drink tickets
• food and drink labels on self serve tables
• lower level signage as well as high level signage for wayfinding and booth signage
• Braille. Other languages?
Inclusive customer service training
• scheduled for afternoon of opening night (Caren and Moisen).
• volunteers have general customer services training in inclusion
• therefore, focus on context-specific: personas scenarios
script to come
-Aisles need to provide at least 920mm of clear width, with a 1500mm space to turn a wheelchair around at key points in the facility.
-Chairs need to be light and easy to re-position.
-should be a mix of seating with arms (20%) and seating without arms (80%)
source: IG guide
• long harvest tables
• hydraulic cruiser tables
• bars (with bartenders)
• ticket booths (with service)
• registration booths
• self serve food
• action food stations (making on the spot with a cook)