• avoid shortened URLs. Some firewalls will not allow emails through with shortened URLs.
• some firewalls block Google Doc links. For example, the Province of Ontario (10/2017) emails (@ontario.ca) tend to not allow emails through with a Google Doc link.
BODY OF EMAIL:
This is a friendly reminder that the Canadian Accessible Procurement Workshop is next week.
This federally funded event is bringing together relevant stakeholders and experts with the goal of informing recommendations for a Canadian approach to standards and regulations for federal public procurement of accessible information and communication technologies (ICTs).
The event will be moderated and documented for a report that will be submitted to the Federal Government of Canada, Office for Disability Issues (housed within ESDC—Employment and Social Development Canada).
We look forward to your voice being at the table.
Please find below, in the body of the email, the event agenda for your reference.
The agenda is also available on the IDRC wiki website here.website. https://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Canadian+Accessible+Procurement+Workshop+AGENDA
For the Workshop discussion questions please follow this link (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VLUlbCAdaQ6rJlATtYI5f8I8mJ8x_r5iKIgoP87kjts/edit) or you can download the attached Word document titled Accessible Procurement Workshop Q&A Live Working Document.
If you are behind a firewall or have issues connecting, please join by teleconference at:
Phone in: 416-343-0136
Conference ID: 3616080
Desktop users need to install the VidyoDesktop application prior to joining the meeting. If you already have installed VidyoDesktop please skip these instructions and click on the meeting URL in step 3.
1. Download the VidyoDesktop application from https://conf.inclusivedesign.ca
2. Install and start VidyoDesktop
3. Join the meeting by clicking the meeting URL: https://conf.inclusivedesign.ca/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0CYlo1KzKA
Mobile users will be prompted to install the Vidyo mobile app after step 1. and will not need to proceed with steps 2. and 3.
Please join your meeting a few minutes early in case you need to make mic or camera adjustments in the application.
October 10, 9:00am – 5:00pm
October 11, 9:00am – 1:00pm
Inclusive Design Research Centre, OCAD U, 205 Richmond St. W., Toronto
Tuesday, October 10
9:00 Meet and Greet
9:30 Introductions, Framing and Group Formation Formation (Moderator: Jutta Treviranus)
10:00 What is the future we want? How far away are we?
11:15 Harmonization with EU and US?
• Insights from from US: Karen Peltz-Strauss, David Capozzi, Deborah Kaplan
• Insights from EU: Inmaculada Placencia Porrero, Gregg Vanderheiden
• Insights from Ontario & Manitoba: Ann Hoy, Yutta Fricke (John Wyndels)
1:00 Lunch and continued conversation
2:00 “Evergreen” strategies?
3:00 Short-term concrete gains and long-term systemic gains?
3:30 Coffee Break
3:45 Scope: products and services (which are included?)
4:15 Scope: public and private sector organizations (differential requirements?)
Wednesday, October 11
8:30 Meet and chat
9:00 Scope: procurement processes (intervention opportunities)?
9:45 Proactive accessibility strategies?
10:45 Compliance evaluation, reporting, and testing?
11:15 Larger public-sector leadership? Hillary Hartley
12:00 How should Canada lead globally?
1:00 Invitation to DEEP lunch and PanelWarm regards,