- Here is a gist snippet example of doing this: https://gist.github.com/nichtich/674522
- And some projects to make working with Wiktionary content more machine-readable:
Open Source Libraries / Dictionaries
Many dictionary API services exist, including from the well-known dictionary publishers. These are examples, not comprehensive:
Non-English Dictionary Services
This needs filling out! Wiktionary has non-English versions available such as (https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionnaire:Page_d%E2%80%99accueil), but their quality is not certain.
Thoughts for Implementation in UIO
- Define a standard format for dictionary entries - a JSON structure that converts to display HTML
- An integrator would need to wire up a preferred service returning that format
- For the SJRK platform, we could create a Kettle-based dictionary datasource doing this as an example
- It might be possible to implement an in-browser parser doing the same - not sure about how this might interact with same origin policies
Some natural language libraries, like https://github.com/NaturalNode/natural, may have dictionary features.