- Users not waiting to listen to whole alert - just listening to the first part: "magnet at center of play area"
- Lots of alerts are being fired (see #603 during exploration around coil @ ~2:00). Distracting from the sonification.
- "Far from 3 4 loop coil. Very close to 2 loop coil." is too long.
- Text alerts only state proximity relative to coils
- Remove play area location from text alerts as they are redundant
- Put closest coil first in text alert.
- Shorten from "Far from 4 loop coil. Very close to 2 loop coil." to "2 loop coil very close, 4 loop coil far."Remove play area location from text alerts as they are redundant
- Fire alerts only when thresholds are crossed, not on every stroke / key-up event.
- Use a grab/release interaction
- The original design was to only fire alerts when certain thresholds were passed. In the dev version alerts are being fired regardless whether a threshold was transitioned
- Pauses between text alert messages makes people think that's all there is.
- 22:55 - figures out association of sound with being in the 4 loop coil
- 23:11 - figures out closer you get the more intense the sound
- 25:00 - trying to figure out what the bong sound is and why it happens.
- 29:00 - changed rate of speech, the pause throws user off. Increasing rate helps
- Didn't feel descriptions were enough
- Knew there was a coil and magnet, and poles.
- 30:00 - discovers volt meter
- unchecks it but the volt mete is still visible. something wrong?
- 33:50 - asked what happens when magnet moved through coil at different speeds
- doesn't know if it does anything because it just tell him that it's in the centre of the play area.
- Wasn't sure there was more than 1 way to move the coil
- Didn't know you can press and hold
- Looking for a change in the description as a result of moving faster, but the text alerts remain the same (issue with text alerts disconnected w sonification)
- Prompted to switch coil modes
- Flipping poles, but after flipping had no way of remembering the polarity. Said: "I guess that's something you just have to remember"
- But the description is in the PDOM. Is that enough?
- Confusion over an empty Level 2 header
- Was reminded there was already a 2nd coil. User forgot and was prompted.
- Searching for 2 loop coil.
- Text alert said "to the right" and an49d used that as a cue.
- properly describes the magnet position relative to the 2 coils and knows there's a the difference between the coils because of the different bump sounds.
- Describing the sounds. Knows the more intense organ sound is important, but admits to explore it more
- Text alerts are getting in the way.
- Asked what happens when you move magnet quickly and said they couldn't tell the difference in sound.