- Topics that come up from CISL project
- "verifiable research" about why there should be user preferences
- how much complexity is too much complexity when exposing preferences to learners. How do we provide options to users to customize their environments without overwhelming them.
- possible solutions
- preferences for preferences
- preference discovery
- Integration of UIO
- requires some level of technical proficiency to add UIO to the site and a level of proficiency of CSS to have it work well with the site
- Often there is a lot of fixing of the CSS requires because the site has been developed without UIO in mind.
- This is often where people give up and look for an alternative out-of-the-box solution
- issues may be related to using old version of bootstrap that didn't use em values
- the integrations that tend to work the best are partners that work through those issues and engage the community
- however the documentation we have may not be sufficient and the on ramping can be challenging.
- New developers may be looking for something that works with webpack or browserifty to have it be part of their site bundle.
- potentially use UIO+ as a quick way to evaluate frameworks and sites for UIO compatibility.
- Need to look into optimizations for slow networks and hardware