|title||How to use the Reorderer|
For information on how to use the Reorderer, see
What is the Reorderer?
The Reorderer allows developers to create rich, accessible user interfaces
which enables users to directly
re-arrange content on the page. The Reorderer
The Reorderer is designed to work across presentation technologies. We've used it in Java RSF and PHP-based applications, but it will work in any technology that can generate known element IDs and can respond to simple POST requests. The contract of the Reorderer is published and easy to implement.
Reorderer Road Map
The upcoming road map for the Reorderer is as follows:
- Create a public, easy-to-use API for extending layout handling behaviour
- Handle reordering non-adjacent markup such as table cells
- Better support non-orderable elements by implementing a shifting algorithm
- Allow Reorderers to be nested inside other Reorderers
- Make the drag and drop behaviour more customizable
- Improve IE and Safari 3 support
- Integrate the Reorderer into uPortal. (In progress, see Reorderer in uPortal)
is the "engine" that powers the interaction, and is the place to go to listen for interesting events and actions within the component's lifecycle.
- Change the arrangement of elements using mouse or keyboard.
- Convenient options for rearranging elements contained in a list, grid, a layout, and image gallery.
- Configurable drag and drop appearance and behaviour.
Reorder elements in a list using drag and drop, numbering and/or keyboard interactions
Reorder items in a linear, flowed set using drag and drop, numbering and/or keyboard interactions
Allow user to reorder images or thumbnails of images
Reorder portlets in the portal page using drag and drop and/or keyboard interactions without leaving the page
This component is in Production status