Reference: User Testing Protocol
- User Testing Demographic Questionnaire
- fluid:Image Reorderer Post Test Questionnaire - likert scale questions to have participants fill out before asking interactive post-test questions
- fluid:Image Reorderer Facilitator's task sheet - use this for note taking and understanding common flows through tasks
You are an instructor for Introduction to Nutrition and are finalizing some images you want to use for your course. You have already uploaded the image files. You are reviewing your images and re-organizing them.
You are a student in Introduction to Nutrition and are studying for your upcoming test on the nutritional value of fruit. You have located the exam study site for your class which features the images you will be tested on. You change the order of images in the gallery to make sure you haven't memorized information based on their logical order.
Please rearrange as many of the images as you wish. Try to rearrange at least 4 images.
Now that you are familiar with the application, I'd like you to move [facilitator: choose image in middle of row and describe to them by name] to the middle of the row above it.
Now please move the Mangosteen to the end of the list.
Now please move [facilitator: choose image in middle of row and describe to them by name] to the front of the top row.
Next, please move the dragonfruit to the right of the lemon. [Note to facilitator: if these two are already in that order, choose another pair for them to put together]
Now please move the orange to the left of the fig. [Note to facilitator: if these two are already in that order, choose another pair for them to put together]
Have the participant fill this out on their own before asking them the post-test questions below.
Note: ask these verbally after the user has filled out the questionnaire
- How easy or difficult was it for you to reorder images?
- How easy or difficult was it for you to understand that you could reorder them?
- How did you know how to reorder them?
- Were you able to identify which image was selected? How?
- Did the mouse 'drag and drop' behaviour/keyboard behavior work as as you expected?
- Were you able to successfully move images to your desired location?
- Did you notice any indication of where the image would be dropped once you "picked it up"? What was it? Was is helpful?
- Overall what did you think of reordering images?
- Any other feedback about reordering images you'd like to give us at this point?