What went well
- Systemic changes at TiG around thinking about accessibility and doing audits of the work.
- Regular meetings helped in order to get feedback on how projects were going.
- Bringing together youth at the margins of society.
- Diverse inclusion.
- Capacity building.
- Openness and flexibility of the project.
- Ability to explore.
- Each of the partners brought parts of what they were working on and what they knew and enhanced it through the project.
- Diverse products were generated.
- Connecting with community and seeing the impact in people’s lives.
- Co-designing with young people - inclusion by design
What didn’t go well
- At the beginning it was difficult to understand - what we were doing and how
- Challenge in visualizing all the products that were generated and share them
- Couldn’t make people feel ownership of the tool (wikipedia). Only a few teachers were interested. Even with a dedicated person working with them
- Difficult to change habits
- We didn’t get the content translated
What can we do differently
- Shared metrics or performance indicators. Setup and agreed to at the beginning of the project. How many people? How many events? How many stories did we collect?
- Find a way of having the youth take on the mentorship of the things that we helped to initiate.
- Clarity around budgets and plans from the beginning
- Instead of formal report, report in a way that can be put on the website to be generally shared
- Website design work could have started sooner
- Simplified website - more adaptability, more alternatives
- Figure out translation for the website early
- Meeting in different places would be nice
- Getting the youth from different places together to share their experiences
- Create more practical guides for people to enact inclusion - making ramps, accommodations etc.
- Create more collaborative resources together among the partners. Making sure one groups website is inclusive of other groups - language, context etc.
- Translation is paramount in this type of project and will allow for more cross pollination between partner groups.
- More brainstorming between groups instead of so much independent work.
- Use more social media
- Bringing young people into regular meetings and a co-design process.
- Budgeting translation and accessibility services from the beginning.