Goal of the survey is to identify features of the job board and website that are:
- working well → do more of these.
- not working well → improve these.
- missing or desired → implement these.
Possible questions to ask. Are they important questions to ask?
- Frequency:find out who is willing to join in co-design
Is it important to ask questions like this?
- In the past how frequently did you visit and use the WorkIn Culture website?
- What purpose did you use the website?
- Find out about programs
- Learn about areas of research
- Resources for skill building
- Possible employment on the Job Board
- Career and skill training on the Discovery Board
Usability / Features
- What areas of the website was easy or pleasing to use?
- Searching for jobs
- Applying for jobs
- Navigating the website
- Finding information you wanted
- Colour, text, and layout
- Accessibility - suitability to physical and mental needs and preferences.
- What areas of the website was difficult or challenging to use?
- If you can choose one thing to make better on the website, what would it be?
- Should we give options or leave this free-form?
- How easy or difficult is it to use the job board?
- What features of the job board do you use?
- Responses to this question aren't that important. It serves to help prime the respondent for the next question asking what features they'd like to see.
- What other features do you wish the job board had?
- What other sites do you go to for jobs?
- What are the reasons for visiting the other sites?
- See what else is out there
- Easier to use
- Looks better
- Better features