Fluid is an open, collaborative
Fluid includes members of the Sakai, uPortal, Moodle, and Kuali Student communities who are working together to address the precarious values of usability, accessibility, internationalization, and more within academic software projects.
Our goal is to help improve the user experience of community source web applications including Sakai, uPortal, Kuali Student and Moodle. Fluid combines both design and technology to create a living library of sharable user interface components that can be reused across community source projects. These components are built specifically to support flexibility and customization while maintaining a high standard of usability, accessibility, internationalization, and security.
In order to encourage user-centered design within community source software, Fluid is also creating a designer's toolkit that offers useful design, accessibility, and usability strategies and documentation.
Fluid Project Deliverables
- Components: Information about Fluid component design and development.
- Designer's Toolkit: Resources for user interface design, usability and accessibility.
Collaborative Project Resources
- Development: Developer resources and technical information.
- Meetings: Meeting schedules, agendas, and archives.
- Project Coordination: Road maps, release plans, deliverables, and more.
- User Experience: Design, usability, accessibility and other resources.
- Security: Bug reporting policies, developer best practices
- user experiences
- designs user interfaces
- builds Web tools
- teaches inclusive design
- integrates interface components into open source applications
Our community consists of an international team of partners, individuals, and institutions focused on designing flexible, customizable, user-centered inclusive interfaces.
The Fluid Wiki
For information on getting involved, visit Get Involved »
Daily Standup Meeting