What are Fluid UX Walkthroughs?
reviews , conducted as [heuristic evaluations|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_evaluation] and [cognitive walkthroughs|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_walkthrough]. The goal of Fluid's walkthroughs is to identify current user "pain points" in uPortal, Sakai and Moodle and ultimately to prioritize user interface improvements to address these issues. A third kind review, similar to a [software code review|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_review], may also be performed to demonstrate compliance with code-level conventions for achieving accessibility and usability.
\[_For more information, see:_ [What is a UX Walkthrough?]\]
of Fluid partner applications, with the goal of identifying user "pain points," and then proposing and prioritizing user interface improvements to address them. Read more about UX Walkthroughs
Evaluations are conducted as:
- heuristic evaluations - comparing the user interface against an accepted set of "rules" or heuristics.
- cognitive walkthroughs - determining how easy it is for a user to use the application.
- Code convention compliance reviews - evaluating compliance to a set of best practices for achieving accessibility and usability.
How are Fluid UX Walkthroughs Performed?
Fluid UX Walkthroughs are performed by reviewers with diverse areas of expertise residing at a number of different institutions. To ensure consistency of approach and results the following material has been created to guide their efforts.
The protocols and guidelines are organic and will continue to be refined as we learn from doing the hybrid inspections/evaluations.
How Can I Get Involved in the Walkthroughs?
Everyone is welcome to help out with the walkthroughs. The Fluid UX walkthroughs can be a great way to learn more about usability and accessibility while experiencing first-hand the UI issues and strengths of your application. Here is how you can get involved:
- Join a walkthrough working group. There are active groups looking at uPortal, Sakai, Moodle, and accessibility.
- Learn more about our walkthrough process:
- Attend a walkthrough meeting and meet other walkthrough participants
- Start evaluating your application of choice!