We might also want to look at normalize.css as a replacement for our base and reset files.
- Bootstrap uses normalize.css.
- Foundation has a block grid which creates a grid from a <ul>. Bootstrap does not appear have a comparable feature (although one can be created).
- Covers FSS Considerations (see below)
- CSS Reset / Normalization
- Responsive layouts
- fixed-width containers: 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 750, 800, 850, 900, 950, 1000px
- relative width containers: auto, flex[1-99]
- This may not be a critical feature anymore since frameworks offer flexible and responsive layouts.
- equal-width columns: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 column layouts.
- fixed-width columns: 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
- flexible columns: flexible-width column to left or right of a fixed-width column
- Turn UL and LI into tabs
- Align: left, center, right
- Active tab styling
- Foundation - replaced by Foundation's Sections. Traditional tabs possible using Top Bar?
- Vertical Menu:
- Turn UL of anchors into a vertical navigation menu
- Active menu item styling
- Grid item layout:
- A fixed height (150px) grid of a list (UL) of images, captions, or other content
- align element left, center, or right
- push / force element onto its own line
- linearization of content