This page will walk you through an example of adding the Fluid Inline Edit component to an HTML file. For more general information about the Inline Edit API, see Simple Text Inline Edit API.
This tutorial assumes that:
- you are familiar with what the Inline Edit is and does
- now you just want to know how to add it to your file.
Tutorial: How to Use the Inline Edit
You've created a database to keep track of your vast collection of CDs, and you're working on a web interface for it. You'd like to be able to very easily edit the information on the page. This tutorial will show you how to use the Fluid Inline Edit for this.
There are four basic steps to adding the Inline Edit to your application:
- Setup: Download and install the Fluid Infusion library
- Step 1: Prepare your markup
- Step 2: Write the script
- Step 3: Add the Infusion library to your HTML
- Step 4: Apply styles
The rest of this tutorial will explain each of these steps in detail.