This documentation refers to the v0.4 released version of the Reorderer code. For documentation specific to the trunk version, please see Reorderer API.
The Reorderer will handle almost any arbitrary stream of markup you pass to it, assuming a very simple contract is maintained:
- The orderable elements are contained within some kind of container element.
- A selector for the container is passed to the Reorderer upon instantiation.
- A selector for the orderable elements themselves is also supplied.
- Provide a callback function. This will be called by the Reorderer each time the user reorders an element, and is generally used to communicate ordering changes back to the server.
- Specify configuration options to customize the behaviour of the Reorderer. These are documented below.