This page will walk you through an example of using the Fluid Reorderer's
reorderList() function to reorder a list in an HTML file.
This tutorial assumes that:
- you are familiar with what the List Reorderer is and does
- now you just want to know how to add it to your file.
For more general information about the Reorderer, see Reorderer. For technical API documentation, see List Reorderer API - v0.5 and Advanced Reorderer API - v0.5.
Tutorial: How to Use the List Reorderer
You are organizing a small conference, and there is lots to do. Being the organized person you are, you create a to-do list. You'd like to use the Reorderer to allow the order of items to be changed. This tutorial will show you how to use the Fluid List Reorderer for this.
There are five basic steps to using the List Reorderer in your application:
- Step 1: Download and install the Fluid Infusion library
- Step 2: Prepare your markup
- Step 3: Write the script
- Step 4: Add the script to your HTML
- Step 5: Apply styles
The rest of this tutorial will explain each of these steps in detail.