- Selecting the Reorder link, opens the reorder page
Clicking on an announcement in this mode, opens the content of the announcement in an overlay \ [fluid:Need Wire frame for this\] Wiki Markup
- See wireframe below:
- List all announcements (not filtering or paging)
- View filter & paging are disabled. Their controls remain displayed but grayed out.
- Update (from main page) becomes "Save New Order". It is disabled and grayed out until a change in the order is made.
- Informational message initially does not includes link for "Don't show me this message again" (see LR10 for implementation)
These changes are necessary for the list reorderer to be smoothly integrated into the Announcements Tool
- Add "View List" to intra-tool navigation \ [fluid:This will allow users to get back to that view after reordering\]
Add an "always keep at the top" setting to the announcement creation process. \ [fluid:Solves use case for always keeping important announcement at top\] Wiki Markup Add a setting while editing an announcement to "not change the modification date" \ [fluid:Solves use case that announcement gets edited but instructor doesn't want it getting moved to the top of the list\] Wiki Markup
- Nice to Haves but not Critical to List Reordering:
- Add a New icon to announcements that are new since the user last logged in. This is not as critical to the reordering since new messages will be displayed at the top of the the list. Still a good thing of course to tell users what they haven't seen yet.
- Change "Date" to "Modified Date" to more specific. It might be important for users to know the difference. If they want to find the announcement in email for instance.
- Remove instructions at top of list view page -- self explanatory.